Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Baked Smashed Taters and Maple Glazed Ham (1-100 new recipes)

tonight I made ham and Baked Smashed taters, i say bake cause i'm still not sure if they'ed counte as roasted otherwise.

I used this recipe as a launching pad, but since i don't have any of those herbs on hand i just used my handy back up spices of Lemon Pepper seasoning, a grinder with dipping oil seasonings and yes my handy little bit of lavender sugar... except ground it up into a finer dust this time and stayed away from to heavy a seasoning.

What can i say i'm a sugar lover, and lavender is my new joy!

I have the potatoes baking as we speak and they smell just heavenly... I used a big plastic cup to smash them though, because i didn't want a bunch of little ridges in mine like my tater masher would have left behind.

After that i have to wait for my oven to cool a bit before i stick the ham in... yeah a half a ham. It's fully cooked, just needs a good two hours to warm up nice and cozy before we gnaw on it.

mmmm i can't wait for dinner tonight. Hopefully my camera will live long enough on it's batteries for photos, will update!


UPDATE:
Look at them aren't they lovely???

And they are delicious too!!! eat bite is like a perfectly little baked potato... the skin is crispy and delicious and hte inside is soft and yummy!

woot for successes! the ham is wonderful too!

No comments:

Post a Comment