Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Best ever Mashed Taters

In my humble opinion that is.

You'll need roughly 2-3 pounds o' taters (I make large quantities) Yukon Golds or something like that works best I suppose.
An 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
some sour cream
salt
pepper
and butter
oh and a pound of hickory smoked bacon, or whatever bacon your little clogged arteries desire ;)

So, I'm gonna be straight with you all. This is not a 'healthy' recipe i'm pretty sure i felt my heart slow down after eating these delicious spuds, and i even used Light cream cheese and fat free sour cream! ;)

But that's ok, because once in a while, you just oughta let yourself be naughty with a potatoe.

So we're gonna start like you do with EVERY mashed tater recipe i've ever heard and we're going to wash the spuds. Well you are anyways.

After that you have a choice, you can be EVIL and skin the spuds or you can be a beautiful person who let's them stay clothed ;) Me i eat my with their skins.

Cut your potatoes into consistent pieces, usually i just cut mine into eights or fourths depending on the general size of my potatoes. Then i pile all those pieces into a pan, fill it with water until the little guys are JUST covered, sprinkle in some kosher salt and let them boil. While you wait you can... make your entre I guess... or sit and watch the pot even if they do say it won't boil.

When your potatoes are fork tender, I always thought that was a funny way to say "when you can easily stab the potatoe," Drain them of their water and return to the pot (if you use a strainer like I do. I'm still not quite capable enough to strain them straight in the pot. Some people are... those people can come over and strain my potatoes for me next time :) please?

Once you have your delectable little dudes back in the pot mash them up a bit with your mashing tool and add in the entire block of cream cheese, then mash that all together and add in a few dollops of sour cream, salt pepper and butter to taste, and if you desire a bit of milk to help thin it out into a smoother mash.

Now I just remembered what you could be doing while the pot boils! Frying your bacon ^_^ i just took my pound of bacon (pre sliced) and cut them into small little bits. tossed them in a pan and cooked them until they were crispy.

In the end toss the Bacon in, mix it well and enjoy these freaking awesome spuds!

No comments:

Post a Comment