Monday, January 26, 2009

Forgot a Recipe!!!

I was looking trying to figure out why my recipe list didn't match up with my 1001 list... and I remembered I forgot to post two of my recipes!!! oh noes!

Both are dealing with Pork Tenderloin though (YUMMY)

First up we have a Roast Tenderloin with Scalloped Taters

For the roast you'll need:

1 lb pork tenderloin
2 tbsp Balsamic vinaigrette dressing
1 tbsp honey

mix the vinaigrette dressing with the honey and then glaze the tenderloin baking in a 425 degree oven for 30-40 minutes. That's all pretty simple hmm? I added other spices into mine, like lemon pepper and kosher salt and all sorta stuffs... but the basic bits are there.

Now for the Scalloped Taters I used a cheap poor mans recipe.

You'll need:
Potatoes (I'd say I had roughly 3 lbs) sliced thin thin thin... I broke out my brand new Mandolin for this recipe (Thank you thank you thank you Mom!)
kraft styled sliced cheese (you can use whatever brand suits you best)
Flour
Pepper
Salt

all your gonna do is arrange a layer of potato slices on the bottom of a baking dish, dust the layer with flour salt and pepper and then top with a few slices of cheese (I used to or three slices usually) and repeat the process until all materials are used up. then pop the entire thing into a pre heated oven (375) for 30 -40 minutes.

the last recipe i learned was Pork Medallion Alfredo:

you'll need:

1lb Pork Tenderloin sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices
1/2 cup cream cheese spread (herb and garlic flavored is recommended)
1/3 cup less sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (yeah that little green tube of goodness)
1 tbsp Lemon juice (i substituted lime juice)
2 tbsp basil (fresh or dried) chopped
Also egg noodles cooked to your satisfaction, enough to feed four (these are four person recipes)

Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place it over medium high heat. add meat and cook 2 minutes each side or just until pork begins to brown

Add cream cheese broth balsamic dressing, lemon (lime) juice, and Parmesan cheese and stir until mixture is smooth, cream cheese is melted, and meat is cooked thoroughly.

Sprinkle with basil and toss with egg noodles before serving.

ENJOY :)

No comments:

Post a Comment