Thursday, November 13, 2008

Chicken al la "What the heck am i making?"

So i learned a lesson today. Never ever talk to another foodie friend after deciding what you will make for dinner. It will lead to you deciding that instead of taking it easy and making some rice and ramen concoction, you will end up pulling out 1 1/2 - 2 lbs of chicken, 3 lbs of potatoes, multiple soups, corn, rice and spices out the wazzoo and thinking. What can i make out of all this?

On the plus side, it might just lead to the most wonderful recipe you've made to date!

So what I ultimately ended up using was:

three skinless chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can sweet niblets
3 lbs red potatoes, peeled and cut into even pieces
one box of instant chicken flavored rice
Bread crumbs (eyeball it people)
salt
pepper
lemon pepper
cayenne

So... Remember how last time I said to make sure your dishes were all washed? well I was a good chef today, all my pots and pans were clean. Plates were not. So if your plates aren't clean, make sure you start the washer before the food!

I peeled and cut my potatoes into halves and then fourths and then washed them.

Placing the three chicken breasts in the pan i surrounded them with the potatoes and then with the can of sweet niblets. I then cursed Hannah Montana for making me think of her everytime I hear sweet niblets...

I sprinkled them with salt, lemon pepper and a drizzle of olive oil before covering the entire thing with a layer of cream of chicken soup. on top of that I added the bread crumbs and then popped it into the oven for 50 minutes at 375 degrees, center rack.

I completely ignored the instructions on the rice box (I do not enjoy rice that is browned before 'cooking' and so I pour 2 1/2 cups of water into a pan, added the rice and rice seasoning, then added a bit of cayenne pepper and lemon pepper to boot, stirred it to mix, and brought the entire pot to a boil. Once there i dropped it to a simmer, covered it and let it cook for 15 minutes.

If you cook like I do, and your chicken is done before you even START the rice, just cover it loosely with foil ;) it'll be like it's tanning.

Serve on a dish and eat!



P.S. if you washed your dishes right before serving, and the washer is still 'heat drying' please be careful not to burn yourself on your beloved servingware!

No comments:

Post a Comment