Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I'll do my best not to spam posts XD

But i have to start off with what must be my two favorite new recipes.

On two sides of the spectrum we have Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Homemade easy peasy from Scratch (!) Alfredo Sauce.


I know, I KNOW, ewwwwww brussel sprouts right? Wrong! I recently visited my family in Florida and my grandmother introduced me to steamed brussel sprouts which to my surprise were Oh My Lanta delicious! So I looked up recipes and found an even tastier version, roasting them.

You need at least a pound of the delicious green bulbs
Olive Oil (mmmm I used Extra Virgin though I suppose you don't hafta seeing as the recipe i looked up didn't)
Salt
Lemon Pepper
And Garlic Powder


Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fareinheit.

Make sure you throughly clean and check your sprouts to be sure they are at their best. How do you do that? Don't worry I didn't know either but I found out how to here: Yay for Vegan Yum Yum.

After that's all said and done dredge (and I mean dredge) those delectable veggies in the oil and season generously (or not depending on what you like) with salt pepper and powder!

Place the sprouts into a roasting pan and let em cook for 30 45 minutes, shaking the pan every 5 minutes or so, as to ensure even browning.

ENJOY!


Now for the pasta sauce:

Sauce: for a pound of pasta you'll need:

~1 1/2 pints heavy cream (I used half and half)
~2 cups or 4 sticks butter (never said this was healthy)
~salt, pepper and garlic powder (or salt) to taste.
~1 1/2 cups romano cheese
~1 cup parmesan (Wal-Mart had a romano/parmesan/asiago mixture that I used, about 1 and 1/2 containers worth.)

To make the sauce melt the butter in the cream over low heat. Next add the salt, pepper, garlic seasoning and stir. Then melt in the cheeses over medium heat.

Mix with the pasta and meat of your choice, or use to dip your bread into it. It's delicious and I swear to god this tastes like Olive Garden, though our roomate says it's better!

No comments:

Post a Comment